- Position Title:
- Production Superintendent - 2nd Shift
- Reports To:
- Plant Manager
- Position Location:
- Jackson, Ohio
The Production Superintendent is responsible for the direction and leadership of assigned production area and the Production Supervisors in that section. Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Production Superintendent is responsible for ensuring the quality and safety of the product, as well as production front line supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model and enforce company safety policies and practices, HACCP procedures, GMP’s / SSOP’s and other company policies.
Responsible for inventory of all materials used in department and finished goods.
- Assist supervisors resolve personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action, as necessary
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Review resumes and conduct interviews for qualified candidates for any open front line supervisor position within department.
- Supervise, lead, and train department Production Supervisors.
- Evaluate supervisors during their introductory period and make determinations on ability of job performance.
- Monitor front line supervisor job performance. Coach, affirm, counsel, and discipline as needed.
- Consult with Human Resources to determine course of action for supervisors who do not meet the standard requirements.
- Observe subordinates usage of HighJump and ensure the integrity of the information entered into HighJump.
- Schedule supervisors and approve payroll hours, including overtime and paid days off.
- Review and approve any proposed adjustment in employee pay rates and ensure proper rate of pay according to wage schedule outlined in collective bargaining agreement.
- Schedule annual inspections.
- Collaborate with other shift Superintendents.
Education / Certifications
HS Diploma or equivalent and 1 or 2 year degree in Food Science or related field
2-5 years supervisory experience
Understanding of food manufacturing GMP’s
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Organized time manager with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
Ability to function well under pressure.
Demonstrated proficiency in communication and documentation skills
Ability to lift 50 lbs