- Position Title:
- Accounts Payable Specialist - Duluth MN
- Position Location:
- Duluth, Minnesota
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable documents while adhering to departmental and company policies. This position requires familiarity with accounts payable procedures and accounting department practices. Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. The position will report directly to the Assistant Corporate Controller. This position will require the ability and willingness to cross train between multiple areas of the Shared Services Department.
Job Duties include:
Coding and data entry of invoices conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Research received not invoiced purchase orders and follow up with vendors and/or purchasing department.
- Handle all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Develop and maintain desk procedures.
- Other duties as requested by management.
- File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records and reports.
Education / Certifications
Two-year accounting degree or higher.
3+ years of experience as accounts payable specialist/representative.
SAP software and manufacturing experience preferred.
Understanding of 3-way match process.
Desire to work in a team environment
Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Must be detail oriented.
Strong communication and organizational skills.
Desire and ability to cross train in other areas of the Shared Services Department.
Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
10-Key ability required.